This position provides the opportunity for an experienced professional to manage an accounting department of an established government contracting business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage overall day to day accounting department operations and supervise staff.
- Responsible for revenue recognition on all contract types.
- Prepare corporate budget and monitors incurred costs against budgeted.
- Prepare cash flow and indirect cost rates projections, financial highlights, analysis, billing/revenue details and reconciliations, SUTA/FUTA rates comparison data.
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile selected general ledger accounts.
- Review bank transactions daily and prepare bank reconciliations monthly.
- Maintain cost pool structures, rates, and review quarterly.
- Responsible for project setup in Costpoint, including: project funding, billing and revenue information.
- Prepare corporate invoices (FFP, CPFF, CFAF, T&M).
- Develop monthly project status reports.
- Upload Time & Expense data to Costpoint and create reports via CER.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll, master file changes and transmit to bank.
- Manage billed and unbilled receivables.
- Ensures compliance with relevant tax and regulatory requirements.
- Update and maintain depreciation, capital lease and loan amortization schedules.
- Close monthly accounting periods, and year-end general ledger.
- Submit GSA’s IFF reports quarterly.
- Coordinate and facilitate interim and annual audits.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Prepare incurred costs submission to DHHS.
- Prepare corporation’s yearly property tax return.
- Prepare quarterly 941, 940 and MD Unemployment taxes.
- Prepare annual reconciliation for MD, VA and DC.
- Understand, embody and practice the company’s Core Values and their aligned behaviors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS
- Government Contract Accounting/Finance work experience
- Proficiency in Costpoint 7.0 or 7.1
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 6+ years of progressive accounting/financial management experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills required
- Ability to build and foster successful working relationships
- Strong organizational skills and sound technical skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- High ethical standards
Since 1985, The MayaTech Corporation has focused on tackling existing and emerging public health challenges through direct engagement with agencies, governments, communities, and individuals. We provide a suite of research, training, evaluation, capacity-building, and other strategic support services - all aimed at reaching/impacting the most vulnerable populations, amplifying best practices, and innovating the practice of public health.
We provide a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and offer a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance subsidies up to 85%, flex schedule and telecommuting options, 401(k) with company match, and educational reimbursements.
Principals only. No telephone calls, please. The MayaTech Corporation only will contact candidates who are selected.
To apply, please submit a detailed resume include the job code: CO-ACCT.