The MayaTech Corporation seeks an experienced professional responsible for overall direction, management, deliverable completion, subcontractor and consultant monitoring, and coordination of a complex federal initiative to mitigate the national burden of infectious diseases, particularly viral hepatitis. The MayaTech Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Directs daily operations of a major federal contract ensuring successful project delivery in accordance with project goals, objectives, critical success factors and measures to meet delivery requirements and schedules.
- Assigns staff to tasks and monitors task assignments in accordance with work plans.
- Monitors projects for quality, scope, budgetary compliance, and risk.
- Stays current with and utilizes appropriate project management methodologies and tools to create and execute project work plans and revises to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Effectively communicates with clients, key staff, consultants, subcontractors, internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepares and delivers project reports and strategic summaries from meetings, trainings, and webinars.
- Organizes and presents project results in the form of presentations, tables, and charts.
- Plans and supports Business Development team through client development, proposal preparation and project quality assurance.
- Models MayaTech core values and aligned behaviors and reports directly to corporate management.
- Master’s degree and 5 years’ experience/Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience (in Public Health and/or Social Sciences).
- Federal contract management experience of mid-large health research projects and/or capacity building/technical assistance projects.
- Subject area concentration and experience in viral hepatitis, behavioral health, HIV/AIDS, and other infectious diseases; minority health, health disparities and health equity; maternal and child health; service integration and financing; and/or rural health.
- Knowledge of project management practices, methodologies, and process improvement methodologies.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of financial management, and budget formulation, execution, and reconciliation.
- Possession of strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve independently.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain quality standards and ensure product integrity.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience with or knowledge of any of the following: stakeholder/partnership development and engagement; coordinating and delivering training and TA; strategic planning; communications & social media.
Who We Are:
Since 1985, The MayaTech Corporation has focused on tackling existing and emerging public health challenges through direct engagement with agencies, governments, communities, and individuals. We provide a suite of research, training, evaluation, capacity-building, and other strategic support services - all aimed at reaching/impacting the most vulnerable populations, amplifying best practices, and innovating the practice of public health. At the foundation of all our work is a deep understanding of how evidence-based policies and practices shape the economic, social, and built environments that promote health equity.
We offer a competitive benefits package (including a 401k program with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement), supportive work environment, and career growth opportunities in our Silver Spring, Maryland office and remotely. Onsite benefits include full gym with showers; plaza with restaurant, deli, and cleaners; and office adjacent to Washington Metro red line.
Principals only. No telephone calls, please. Due to the volume of submissions, The MayaTech Corporation will contact only candidates who are selected.
To apply, please submit a detailed resume and salary history/requirements. For consideration, applications must include the following job code: ID-PM, The MayaTech Corporation Attn: Human Resources Office 8401 Colesville Road, Suite 430 Silver Spring, MD 20910-5645 Fax: 301.587.1524
Equal opportunity employer