The Legislative Research Assistants support senior staff with tasks relating to Federally funded projects. The MayaTech Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The essential duties include:
- Conducts primary research of legislative, regulatory, and other policy information using electronic legal research databases, the Internet, and law library research.
- Conducts basic assessments of applicability, currency, and reliability of collected documents and obtains relevant documents as needed.
- Communicates and follow-ups with state and local policy makers to collect project-related information as needed.
- Utilizes and adheres to project specific protocols to perform database entry work, conduct content analysis of laws/policies, and/or code policy or other information.
- Contributes to new protocol development.
- Conducts background research and literature reviews to support project development and analytic activities.
- Assists in creating products, papers, presentations and reports.
- Supports the qualitative and quantitative analysis of policy information and other research activities.
- Supports business development and proposal activities.
- Understands, embodies, and practices corporate Core Values and aligned behaviors.
- Background or interest in public health and/or social sciences
- Subject areas of concentration include public policy and law
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, government, public policy, or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products
The MayaTech Corporation provides applied research, evaluation, information systems, and program support to Federal agencies. We offer a competitive benefits package and supportive work environment, and opportunities in Silver Spring, Maryland office.
Principals only. No telephone calls, please. Due to the volume of submissions, The MayaTech Corporation will contact only candidates who are selected. Positions may be full time, part-time, on-call, consulting and/or temporary based on contract needs.
To apply, please submit a detailed resume and salary history/requirements. For consideration, applications must include the following job code: RE-LRA
The MayaTech Corporation Attn: Human Resources Office 8401 Colesville Road, Suite 430 Silver Spring, MD 20910-5645 Fax: 301.587.1524
Equal opportunity employer