The Business Development/Capture Director is responsible for new business development/capture management, market analysis, opportunity identification, strategy development, and managing the execution of the strategy along with monitoring progress toward organizational objectives. This individual is responsible for leading multi-functional, high-impact pursuits to accomplish these objectives in a dynamic, matrixed environment.
You will be responsible for developing market strategies primarily within the Health & Human Services market and implementing specific pursuit strategies. Included are strategies for shaping opportunities, teaming, solutioning (technical, management, and cost) development, proposal staffing/development, etc. The BD/Capture Director will have a strong understanding of the HHS market, its Operating Divisions, and major programs/initiatives to develop a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Assess corporate solutions, capabilities, and resources in relation to critical HHS goals and priorities for overall business development strategy. Align assets with market demands.
- Meet with prospective clients, contracting representatives, teaming partners, and others to ascertain intelligence on prospective opportunities and customer requirements in the HHS market.
- Research, analyze, and monitor established and emerging competition, current and prospective client needs, and general financial, technological, and demographic developments so that new business opportunities are maximized.
- Develop strategic business plans in collaboration with Center Managers, inclusive of capture activities, objectives, and metrics for review and approval by the Executive Management Committee.
- Evaluate client assessments of proposal materials and corporate performance to ensure the timely adjustment of business strategies and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Recommend changes in structure and organization of services to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives and flexibility to move quickly in response to market restructuring and opportunities.
- Execute business plans and goals to ensure the profit and expansion of company service and product offerings.
- Serve as senior client-facing representative for driving capture management.
- Provide leadership and direction to the company’s objective of gaining and sustaining an intimate working knowledge of our clients' business functions.
- Advise senior management team on strategies for their participation in business development initiatives.
- Analyze and structure teaming and other corporate relationships for capture planning and implementation.
- Lead pipeline reviews, opportunity collaboration sessions, win theme sessions, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Oversee costing, bidding, negotiation, and contract fulfillment.
- Ensure contract compliance and monitor procurement policy and regulatory changes.
- Manage business development team, performing training, assessment, and development functions.
- Prepare performance status reports and new business projections for Executive Management Committee.
- Design, maintain, and enhance capture management systems and track critical business development data.
Education, Experience and/or Skills:
- Bachelor's degree; 10+ years related experience and training in Federal agency and commercial contracts acquisition; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 -10 years of successful access to HHS senior personnel/influencers and full-life cycle business development experience with ability to develop and communicate compelling client value propositions.
- Progressively responsible experience planning and implementing successful pursuit and capture strategies utilizing best practice tools and processes.
- Strong understanding of public health challenges and solutions.
- Able to develop, motivate, assess, and grow high-performing teams.
- Effectively establish and achieve goals; holds self and team accountable.
- Strong relationship-builder and collaborator with the ability to manage ambiguity and wear multiple hats.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, and resourceful.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Superior oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Superior organizational and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of Privia or other capture management system.
Who We Are:
For over 35 years, The MayaTech Corporation has focused on tackling existing and emerging public health challenges through direct engagement with agencies, governments, communities, and individuals. We provide a suite of research, training, evaluation, capacity-building, and other strategic support services - all aimed at reaching/impacting the most vulnerable populations, amplifying best practices, and innovating the practice of public health. At the foundation of all of our work is a deep understanding of how evidence-based policies and practices shape the economic, social, and built environments that promote health equity.
We offer a competitive benefits package and supportive work environment, and opportunities in Silver Spring, Maryland office.
Principals only. No telephone calls, please. Due to the volume of submissions, The MayaTech Corporation will contact only candidates who are selected. Positions may be full time, part-time, on-call, consulting and/or temporary based on contract needs.
To apply, please submit a detailed resume and salary history/requirements. For consideration, applications must include the following job code: BD-CA.
The MayaTech Corporation
Attn: Human Resources Office
8401 Colesville Road, Suite 430
Silver Spring, MD 20910-5645
Equal opportunity employer