The Legislative Research Assistant supports the team with tasks relating to Federally funded and public health-related legal and policy research projects. The MayaTech Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The essential duties include:
- Conducts primary legal research of legislative, regulatory, and other policy information using electronic legal research databases, the Internet, and law libraries.
- Conducts basic assessments of applicability, currency, and reliability of statutory, legislative or other sources and obtains relevant documents.
- Communicates and conducts follow-up with state and local policy makers to collect project-related information.
- Utilizes and adheres to project specific protocols to draft legislative/policy abstracts, conduct content analysis of laws/policies, and/or code policy information.
- Performs legislative/policy data entry and/or compiles policy information, as appropriate.
Contributes to new protocol development.
- Conducts background research and literature reviews to support project development and analytic activities, and supports primary legal/policy research via archival and documentary records reviews, surveys, and field-based data collection strategies.
- Assists in creating products, papers, presentations and reports.
- Supports the qualitative and quantitative analysis of policy information and other research activities.
Supports business development and proposal activities.
- Understands, embodies, and practices corporate Core Values and aligned behaviors.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, government, public policy, history, or a related field
- Background or interest in public health and/or social sciences. Familiarity with laws and policies related to tobacco, nutrition, and/or physical activity a plus
- Subject areas of concentration include public policy and law
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze complex legislative information
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Familiarity searching Westlaw and/or LexisNexis a plus
The MayaTech Corporation provides applied research, evaluation, information systems, and program support to Federal agencies. We offer a competitive benefits package and supportive work environment, and opportunities in Silver Spring, Maryland office.
Principals only. No telephone calls, please. Due to the volume of submissions, The MayaTech Corporation will contact only candidates who are selected. Positions may be full time, part-time, on-call, consulting and/or temporary based on contract needs.
To apply, please submit a detailed resume and salary history/requirements. For consideration, applications must include the following job code: RE-LRA
The MayaTech Corporation
Attn: Human Resources Office
8401 Colesville Road, Suite 430
Silver Spring, MD 20910-5645
Equal opportunity employer